Alterknit Rebellion: Radical Patterns for Creative Knitters by Anna Bauer
Full of useful tips, techniques and expert design knowledge, this stunning collection of bright, bold and beautiful colourwork knitting patterns will inspire you to knit creatively with colour.
This stunning collection of bright, bold and beautiful knitting patterns is based on Honsestrikk, a Danish knitting movement from the 1970s which broke away from traditional knitting rules.
Full of useful tips, techniques and expert design knowledge, this collection will inspire you to knit creatively with colour.
- All patterns can be knitted with just two colours at a time, however there is no limit to how many colours you use overall!
- Features an extensive chart library, including both traditional and slightly unexpected designs, both reliable classics and new acquaintances.
- Learn to incorporate letters and numbers into your knitting.
- Mix and match charts to create your own unique colourwork garment.
- Most patterns can be adapted for women, men and children and there are guidelines for how to adjust sizing to your own measurements with your preferred ease.
Honsestrikk, which loosely translates as 'chicken stitch' was influenced by the radical social and political movements of the time, including the women's rights movement, and this can be seen in the personal and political messages of the some of the pattern designs. Instead of the more traditional fair isle colourwork techniques, Honsestrikk knitting featured political messages and motifs, with clashing colours and borders butted up against each other in a riot of colour and pattern. It's all about knitting in a freer style with the freedom to express yourself and create truly unique, personalised garments and accessories.
In Alterknit Rebellion: Radical Patterns for Creative Knitters, author Anna Bauer has been inspired by the Honsestrikk movement to collate this collection of designs and patterns so you can choose your own combinations and create and knit your own free, radical knits.
Author Anna Bauer is a textile artist with a Masters in textile art from Hogskolan for Design and Arts and Crafts in Goteborg. Aside from knitting Anna also incorporates embroidery, print and costume into her artwork and textile designs.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.