Beyond Beginner Lace - Beading with Cath Ward
Delve deeper into different styles of lace knitting and look at some more complex patterns as well as beading and fixing your mistakes.
Do you want to take your lace knitting a step further?
In this class you'll delve deeper into different styles of lace and look at some more complex patterns. We'll look at beading and different ways of applying beads to lace to best enhance your piece. We'll discuss what makes a good yarn for fine lace, and how to finish your lace project so it looks its best. With your teacher Cath Ward, you'll also examine different lace charts and work out the skill levels required for them, as well as learn how to read your knitting, and spot and fix mistakes. In this class you will have the chance to try some more challenging lace patterns and, using Cath's Bowerbird shawl pattern as a basis, try different ways of applying beads to the motifs.
Skills required: you will have done one or two lace projects already and be comfortable with all the basic lace stitches, including yarn overs, ssk, k2tog and different double decreases.
- a smooth, 4ply yarn, preferably in a solid or semi-solid colour (not highly varigated) with a high wool content eg Peerie by Brooklyn Tweed
- Needles to match (3.25mm or 3.5mm)
- 0.75mm - 1mm crochet hook
- stitch markers
- cotton thread and wool needle for lifelines
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $25.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.