Keeping safe from coronavirus
Author: Deb Date Posted:13 March 2020
The health of our staff, our customers and all of Australia is of utmost concern to us with the current fears of coronavirus spreading. We wanted to keep you informed about the precautions that we are taking at Skein Sisters and how you can keep accessing fabulous yarn and notions.
We have no plans to close the store at this stage (and the online store is always open!), and we’d love to see you when you drop in for supplies, inspiration or just a chat. At least if we are all asked to self-quarantine for at least two weeks, we’ll get a whole lot of projects done! (Kind of sounds like a fun idea!)
- We have not been exposed to the virus in our shop. We have asked our staff to stay at home if they don’t feel well with cold or flu symptoms.
- While we always keep the shop clean, during this time we will be regularly wiping down surfaces with disinfectant, including bathrooms, counters, door handles, credit card machines, computers etc.
- We have replaced the towels in the bathroom used for hand drying with single-use paper towels. Disposable cups are also provided for tea, coffee and water.
- Please feel free to use the bathroom to wash your hands while in the store.
- If you need yarn or other supplies but feel uneasy about being in public spaces, we can help. Our online store is a great place to shop and orders placed before 12pm are shipped on the same day. You can also give us a call. We’re always happy to chat about your projects, help with yarn choices, or send photos of colour combinations. In fact, it’s what we love to do!
- We can also provide kerb-side service if you don’t feel comfortable coming into the shop. Place your order online or over the phone – when you pull up, we carry it out to you! Just call us as you approach the store.
- Classes and social knitting will continue as scheduled for the moment. But we want you to know that if you’re sick or you don’t feel comfortable coming along to a class that you’ve signed up for, we are very happy to offer you store credit. You can spend this on anything - to take the class at a later date or to spend on yarn and other supplies.
Please keep abreast of the latest information about the spread of the virus via:
The three main messages from NSW Health are:
- Clean your hands well, often
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay at home if sick
We so appreciate the love and support that you give to Skein Sisters – it means the absolute world to us to call you our Brothers and Sisters in Yarn. But if you can’t come in for whatever reason, please keep in touch. You can chat with us on Instagram and Facebook, or drop by our Ravelry group. We look forward to seeing you soon.