Brioche - Advanced with Miss Fee
Building on the skills covered in our Brioche Made Simple class, this fun and practical advanced class will cover more complex brioche techniques, pattern reading and how to pick up dropped stitches
So you can brioche but you either get stuck or want to know more... or perhaps you've already enjoyed our Brioche Made Simple class and would like to build on your brioche skills and learn more. This fun and practical advanced class will cover more complex brioche techniques, pattern reading and how to pick up dropped stitches.
Our experienced brioche teacher Fiona would also love to help you with your brioche projects so please bring along any brioche pattern and knitting that you're stuck on!
Skill level: Before coming to this class you should be able to comfortably brioche with 2 colours flat or in the round, and know how to increase and decrease in brioche. If you've already done our Brioche Made Simple class, then this is the perfect next step.
In this class we will cover:
- Reading brioche patterns
- Reading brioche charts
- Suitable cast on and cast offs for brioche including Italian cast on in 2 colours
- Complex decreases and increases
- Picking up dropped stitches.
What to bring:
- Your choice of 2 colours of yarn (fingering to worsted weight) and suitable circular needles (please note that thicker yarn is easier to work with).
- Lockable markers
- A crochet hook smaller than your needle.
- Please also bring any brioche you are stuck on to discuss and sort out.
Before coming to the class:
- Using your preferred yarn and needles cast on 21 stitches and work in 2 colour brioche for about 1 inch. Leave your sample on your needles and bring it with you.
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on any yarn, accessory and book purchases made in store on the day.
(follow the link to view pattern information on Ravelry).
- Main image: the Wulura Cowl by Shara Made in Wren & Ollie Spin DK
- Close up of pink shawl is Sizzle Pop by Lesley Anne Robinson
- Grey scarf is Alex Scarf by Nancy Marchant
Your teacher: Fiona Donovan
Fiona Donovan (aka Miss Fee) started knitting at the age of six with the encouragement of her wonderful Nonna. Teddy bears, Sasha dolls and Cindy dolls were all swathed in layers of garter stitch for quite a few years. After some misadventures with berries and beehive cables in her early teens, Fee's knitting passion lay dormant until 2000, when a job in Melbourne and a wonderful wool shop combined to re-ignite the flame. Since then she has left no knitting stone unturned, and along with the explosion of knitting on the internet has kindled her deep love for sticks and string. Having struggled over the years with twisted cables, gauge errors and unfair isle, Fee is more than ready to help you find your own way in the world of knitting. There is no right or wrong in knitting - there is only what's best for you and the project you want to tackle.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund. Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $25.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.