Have you ever wanted to knit faster, or do you suffer from pain in your hands, arms or shoulders when you're knitting? The answer is to learn to knit the continental way! With the yarn held in your left hand, learn how to 'pick' your stitches as you zip through your rows. Ribbing, moss stitch, brioche and two-handed colourwork become so quick and easy - you might even enjoy doing the rib on a sweater next time!
In this class, you will learn:
- the basics of holding your yarn
- how to do the knit and purl stitches
- combining your stitches into stitch patterns such as ribbing
- increasing and decreasing, and basic lace knitting.
Deb will also give demonstrations to show how brioche becomes a breeze and how easy colourwork becomes when you use two hands.
Teacher: Deb McDonald
Cost: $45 You also receive 10% discount on any purchases made in store on the day
Materials and homework: 10ply or 12ply woolen yarn and 5mm-6mm circular knitting needles to suit your yarn. Please cast on 40 stitches and knit around 5cm in garter stitch prior to the class.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.