Harrisville Designs nightshades is a glorious collection of 10 black colourways created for every mood and marbled with a dusting of colour. This is a DK weight 3-plied woollen spun American Cormo and wool yarn that is soft, springy, light and airy, perfect for a heavy wear garment or a light accessory. Gorgeous in plain stocking or garter stitch, as well as forming fluid cables and beautiful lace or textural stitches.
After searching for nearly two years for the ideal fibre for this project, Harrisville Designs found a Montana-grown Cormo that was perfect. Originally developed in Tasmania, American Cormo sheep produce a fibre that is long, crimpy and fine but also takes dye well enough to produce deep black.
Harrisville Designs nightshades was inspired by the deep shadows that dance on the ceiling at night. Sometimes sleeplessness can bring about unexpected inspiration. At Harrisville Designs, the artisans think, live, breathe, and sometimes dream in color ratios. Thus began their journey to create a palette that celebrates the strange beauty of night.
Grown in Montana, scoured in Texas, dyed in Philadelphia, and spun in New Hampshire. We hope you can find a shade and a garment that makes you feel at home in the night. Everyone has a shade - what shade are you?
Featuring black with marbled colours:
- talk radio [marbled with purple]
- dashboard [marbled with med. blue]
- last call [marbled with lt. blue]
- vcr [marbled with green]
- insomnia [marbled with olive]
- street light [marbled with yellow]
- cinder [marbled with orange]
- fever dream [marbled with red]
- 12:57 [marbled with brown]
- static [marbled with white]
- 100% American Cormo and wool
- DK weight, plied, woollen-spun
- 228 m / 250 yds per 100 gram skein
- Gauge: 22 sts to 10 cm (4") on 3.75mm needles (US 5)
- Needles: 3.75-4.5 mm (US 5-7)