Lace Knitting for Beginners with Cath Ward
Join us to learn all about lace knitting - it's not as complex as it looks!
Have you been intrigued by lace knitting, but not known where to start? In this class you will discover it's not as complex as it looks. You'll learn what lace knitting is and how the stitches are created. We'll look at different types of lace stitches, what makes a good yarn for lace, and how to finish your lace project so it looks its best. Using Cath's Alderfen cowl pattern designed for this class we will knit a large swatch together, learning how to read a lace chart as well as how to read your knitting, and spot and fix basic mistakes. You will then be able to confidently make a start on your cowl.
Skills required: You should be able to comfortably make a knit stitch, purl stitch, yarn over as well as cast-on and off.
- 100g of DK / 8ply yarn, preferably in a solid or semi-solid colour (not highly variegated), with a high wool content. Suitable yarns would include: Bellissimo 8, Arbor by Brooklyn Tweed and Fyberspates Vivacious DK
- Needles to match your yarn (3.5mm or 4mm) 60cm circular
- Stitch markers
- Cotton thread and a wool needle for lifelines
Cost includes a copy of Cath's beautiful Alderfen Cowl pattern (pictured). You also receive 10% off any purchases made in store on the day.
Your teacher Cath Ward
Cath was originally taught to knit as a child by her grandmother, an expert crocheter, but only rediscovered knitting in the last ten years. Inspired by the fineness of her Nanna's crochet, Cath has explored many aspects of lace knitting and publishes her own designs on Ravelry. Finding new ways to use traditional lace patterns keeps her very happily occupied and she is delighted to have the opportunity to share her love of lace.
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $27.50 fortnightly and receive your order now.