Learn to Cable without a Cable Needle with Kat
Streamline the process of making cables and learn how to cable without a cable needle in this practical class.
In this class, Kat will show you how to do cables without a cable needle. If you’re a seasoned cable pro but want to learn how to streamline the process, this is a great way to up your cable knitting game. But even if you’re a complete cable newbie, this practical class is still for you! Kat loves cables and has knit hundreds (if not thousands) of them, but she’s never owned a cable needle because she learned how to do it without a needle first.
Suitable for adventurous beginners and up.
Prerequisites: Participants should be confident with the knit stitch and purl stitch and know how to cast on and bind off. You should also be familiar with how to read a simple pattern.
Materials required (provided by student):
- 50-100g of smooth, non-splitty 8-12ply wool or wool blend yarn in a plain, light colour
- Needles suitable for your yarn, straight or circular
You're entitled to a 10% discount on purchases in store on the day.
Your teacher: Katrina Walser
Kat doesn’t remember who taught her the knit stitch, but she does remember that her mum noticed her knitting and taught her how to cast on, bind off and purl. After getting fixated on cross stitch in high school, she picked up her knitting needles again during uni and hasn’t put them down since. She published her first design in 2016 and now has over 20 patterns listed on Ravelry. She’s taught countless friends and colleagues to knit and has taught classes at the Etsy headquarters in New York, and is very excited whenever she gets to teach people new skills in the knitting world!
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.