Learn to Fix Lace Knitting Mistakes with Cath Ward
In this class you will learn how to read your knitting and understand how the stitches interact in the lace so that you can spot any errors and fix them without pulling out whole rows.
"I've gone wrong, but I don't know what I've done." We all make mistakes! But they needn't spell disaster for your precious project. You don't have to undo rows of perfectly good knitting to fix every mistake.
In this class you will learn how to read your lace knitting and understand how the stitches interact in the lace so that you can spot any errors and fix them without pulling out whole rows. We'll first look at fixing small errors just one or two rows down and then embark on some more serious lace surgery.
Skills: You are familiar with the stitches used in lace (yo, ssk, k2tog and double decreases) and may have knitted a lace item or two already.
You will need:
- Some 4-ply yarn in a plain light colour and needles to suit (3.5 - 4mm)
- A worked swatch on its needles (a 2nd pair) as per the chart supplied (will be emailed to you)
- Double pointed needles and a crochet hook in a couple of sizes smaller than the needles you are using
- Glass headed or T-pins
- A foam mat or other surface to pin knitting onto
- Cable end stoppers or needle stoppers
- Stitch markers
- Cotton thread and a wool needle for lifelines
- Patience and the ability to breathe deeply ;)
You are also entitled to 10% off any purchases made in the store on the day. A short break is scheduled during the class so feel free to bring refreshments.
Your teacher: Cath Ward
Cath was originally taught to knit as a child by her grandmother, an expert crocheter, but only rediscovered knitting in the last ten years. Inspired by the fineness of her Nanna's crochet, she has explored many aspects of lace knitting and publishes her own designs on Ravelry. Finding new ways to use traditional lace patterns keeps her very happily occupied and she is delighted to have the opportunity to share her love of lace.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $27.50 fortnightly and receive your order now.