Learn to Knit in the Round with Kat
Have you knit a bunch of scarves and dishcloths and are looking to do something more? Learning how to knit in the round is a key skill in moving beyond the flat, rectangular shapes and into jumpers, cardigans and more.
Have you knit a bunch of scarves and dishcloths and are looking to do something more? Learning how to knit in the round is a key skill in moving beyond the flat, rectangular shapes that you’ve probably been working with. Once you know how to knit in the round you can knit countless 3D shapes and garments such as beanies, jumper bodies and sleeves, and socks.
In this class we’ll use Kat's Slouchy Mushroom Beanie pattern to learn the following skills:
- Knitting in the round on both small circular needles and using the magic loop method
- Increases and decreases which add shaping to your projects
- Reading a pattern
By the end of the class you’ll have the skills to make your first beanie and can move forward with confidence into the world of garments and toys!
Prerequisites: Participants should be confident with the knit stitch and purl stitch and know how to cast on.
Materials: You’ll need to bring:
- 100g ball of 12/14 ply yarn such as Eden
- 8mm circular needles, at least 80cm long
- 6.5mm circular needles, 40cm
- stitch marker
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on purchases in store on the day.
Your teacher: Katrina Walser
Kat doesn’t remember who taught her the knit stitch, but she does remember that her mum noticed her knitting and taught her how to cast on, bind off and purl. After getting fixated on cross stitch in high school, she picked up her knitting needles again during uni and hasn’t put them down since. She published her first design in 2016 and now has over 20 patterns listed on Ravelry. She’s taught countless friends and colleagues to knit and has taught classes at the Etsy headquarters in New York, and is very excited whenever she gets to teach people new skills in the knitting world!
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.