So you’ve decided to learn how to knit - congrats! In this class with Kat you’ll create your very first knitting project, a padded hanger. These hangers are how Kat was first taught to knit decades ago, and she now has a wardrobe full of them. They’re quick, they add a fun pop of colour and texture to your closet, and they’re an excellent way to gently hang your special clothes - especially all those clothes you’ll be knitting with your new found skills!
To make your hangers, you’ll learn the basics of knitting: the knit and purl stitches, and how to cast on and bind off. We’ll also talk about the ins and outs of yarn, and which projects to start next with your newfound skills.
By the end of the class you’ll have the skills to move forward with your next knitting project!
Materials: all materials are provided. Includes 1 ball 10 ply wool or wool blend, 5mm straight needles and hangers.
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on purchases in store on the day.
Your teacher: Katrina Walser
Kat doesn’t remember who taught her the knit stitch, but she does remember that her mum noticed her knitting and taught her how to cast on, bind off and purl. After getting fixated on cross stitch in high school, she picked up her knitting needles again during uni and hasn’t put them down since. She published her first design in 2016 and now has over 20 patterns listed on Ravelry. She’s taught countless friends and colleagues to knit and has taught classes at the Etsy headquarters in New York, and is very excited whenever she gets to teach people new skills in the knitting world!
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $28.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.