Learn how to make the best out of Ravelry - the one-stop online resource for knitters and crocheters.
Looking for some help to find your way around the amazing Ravelry website??? Our class isn't running at the moment, however you can take a look at the notes in the pdf above to get you started and on your way! You can even download them if you wish.
The Ravelry website is an amazing resource for fibre folk - knitters, crocheters, dyers, designers... it's a one-stop shop! But navigating your way through the site can be tricky if you're not familiar with how Ravelry works. This fabulous website can be a brilliant resource and an inspiring community, provided you can use it effectively and efficiently.
In this class you will learn how to:
- register for and/or log in for Ravelry
- search for patterns using filters (eg yarn weight, garment or item description, construction method, gauge etc)
- set up your profile page
- find groups that might interest you
- search for yarn
- save your projects
- organise your 'favourites'
- join chat groups and post questions
- basic online “etiquette”
You don't need to bring anything for this class however you are welcome to bring your smartphone or tablet if you wish.
Cost: $45 You are also entitled to 10% off any purchases made in store on the day.
Your teacher: Jane Downey
Inspired by her grandmother, who would crochet intricate tablecloths without even referring to a pattern, Jane learned to crochet as a teen and has been crocheting now for over 30 years. Jane is a member of the Knitters' Guild of NSW and has taught crochet both for Guild meetings and at the Guild's camp, as well as at several yarn stores in Sydney. Jane has won prizes for her crochet at both the Sydney Royal Easter Show and the St Ives Show. Jane spends way too much time on Ravelry which is why she is the perfect person to teach this class! ;)
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
- Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.