75% extrafine merino wool, 25% nylon
Length: 200mWeight: 50g
Scheepjes Downtown is a durable yarn made from 75% extrafine merino wool and 25% nylon in a selection of fun and fabulous self-striping colourways, perfect for socks, sleeves, scarves and more!
Who doesn't love self-striping yarn! Scheepjes Downtown is a durable yarn made from 75% extrafine merino wool and 25% nylon in a selection of fun and fabulous colourways, featuring colour changes which form the stripes as you knit or crochet with it.
This yarn benefits from the warmth and breathability qualities of wool, but also offers the durability and easy care of nylon. It has softness and beautiful drape, making it the ideal choice for crocheting or knitting socks and fashion accessories. Because of its strength and durability, Downtown is also particularly suitable for stuffed animals, home décor accessories or socks, sleeves, mittens and more with interesting striped patterns.
- 4ply / sock / fingering weight
- 75% extra fine merino, 25% nylon
- 200m / 222yd per 50g ball
- Needle size: 2.5-3mm (or whatever the pattern suggests)
- Hook size: 2.5-3mm (or whatever the pattern suggests)
- Gauge: 29 stitches and 45 rows per 10cm on 2.5mm needles/hook
- Care: Machine wash 40C, cool iron, do not bleach, tumble dry low heat, dry flat.
Downtown is the same composition as Scheepjes Metropolis and we have had people comment that Metropolis does have a tendency to pill when made into garments such as jumpers and cardigans. This is due to the inherent nature of extra fine merino, and is fixed by using a Fabric Shaver to remove the pills.
|Shipping Dimensions||W0.070m H0.070m L0.160m|
Make 4 interest-free payments of $3.38 fortnightly and receive your order now.