70% recycled mulesing free wool, 30% recycled viscose
Length: 175mWeight: 50g
If you're a lover of felted tweed-style yarns, you'll love Scheepjes new Terrazzo! In an 8ply/DK weight, Terrazzo comes in a huge range of 60 colours offering endless opportunities for wonderful colour combinations.
If you're a lover of felted tweed-style yarns, Scheepjes new Terrazzo will be one for you! In an 8ply/DK weight, Terrazzo comes in a huge range of 60 colours offering endless opportunities for wonderful colour combinations.
Considered by many to be the ‘original recycled material’, the remarkable texture, colours and built-in sustainability of Terrazzo translates perfectly into Scheepjes' first 100% recycled yarn.
Named after the Italian word for ‘terrace’, Terrazzo inspires the yarn’s rustic look and feel, with multicoloured flecks mimicking the way this classic material catches the light and intensifies colour in the sunshine. The timeless aesthetic of Terrazzo tiles is modernised in this premium blend yarn that’s perfect for knitting and crocheting.
Terrazzo is made from a Premium blend of 70% recycled mulesing-free wool and 30% recycled viscose. This felted, tweed yarn has a luxurious look and combines the best qualities of both wool and viscose. Lightweight viscose is moisture absorbent and gives a silky soft feel with beautiful drape, while the wool contributes the rustic appearance and wonderful warmth. Thanks to the natural properties of wool, Scheepjes Terrazzo is lightweight and warm, with added softness and easy-care qualities afforded by blending wool with viscose. Composed of multi-tonal base shades that are enhanced by contrasting and complementing flecks of colour, the result is a felted, tweed effect yarn with gentle stitch definition and impressive texture.
Available in a huge range of 60 colourways, Terrazzo makes a wonderful sustainable choice for colourwork techniques such as fair isle knitting and brioche crochet. It's ideal for a diverse range of crochet and knitting projects of all shapes and sizes: from clothing, such as sweaters and cardigans, to fashion accessories and homeware. It’s perfect also for knitting and crocheting in multiple colours, and mixing with other textures such as mohair. We think it's even softer than other felted tweeds.
- 8ply/DK weight
- 70% recycled mulesing free wool / 30% recycled viscose
- 175m / 195yd per 50g ball
- Needle and hook size: 4mm
- Gauge: 22-24 sts to 10cm on 4mm needles*
- Care: washable up to 30oC
- Knitted swatch in colour 732 Acciaio
- Crocheted swatch for Diversion Scarf by Dedri Uys in colour 725 Argilla
- Knitted colourwork swatch in colours 725 Argilla and 760 Giungla
* A note about knitting gauge: Scheepjes has listed Terrazzo as having a gauge of 27 stitches per 10cm with 4mm needles, but with our testing we are unable to get this even from our tightest knitter. It's also very stiff at this gauge and puts it into the fingering weight of yarns, whereas it is more a light DK. We have had great success with it at a gauge of 22-24 stitches, with it forming a gorgeously soft fabric with the tweedy pops giving a beautiful highlight.
You can also find Terrazzo as a kit for the lovely crocheted Diversion Scarf by Scheepjes blogger Dedri Uys, to help you get to know Scheepjes' new yarn and appreciate how beautifully the various shades from the collection work together.
As a company, Scheepjes is constantly looking for opportunities to innovate and become a more sustainable brand that offers responsible choices for eco-conscious crafters. Terrazzo is Scheepjes’ first fully recycled fibre yarn and its wool content is guaranteed to be mulesing free. To give customers confidence that this yarn is safe and free from harmful chemicals, Terrazzo also holds the trusted OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $3.62 fortnightly and receive your order now.