Sweater Skills with Miss Fee
Make a pattern work to your body not the other way around and learn how to knit a sweater that fits you perfectly.
Make a pattern work to your body not the other way around. In this class you'll discuss the fundamentals of making a sweater, learn how to take the correct measurements, and adjust patterns to achieve the perfect fit (including those all important bust adjustments). We look at sweater construction, the importance of tension squares and what to consider when substituting yarns. Miss Fee will also cover basic finishing techniques so your sweater will be runway ready! You’ll leave this class with the skills required to cast on your sweater project and the confidence to knit a sweater that fits.
Cost: $105 You also receive 10% off any purchases in store on the day.
We will have a break during the class, so please bring your own lunch on the day.
You will need: a sweater/jumper pattern you’re planning on knitting, and a tension square knit on the recommended needles for that pattern (blocked if the pattern requires) in your chosen yarn
Skill level required: knit, purl, cast on, cast off and knitting in the round.
Your teacher: Fiona Donovan
Fiona (aka Miss Fee) started knitting at the age of six with the encouragement of her wonderful Nonna. Teddy bears, Sasha dolls and Cindy dolls were all swathed in layers of garter stitch for quite a few years. After some misadventures with berries and beehive cables in her early teens, Fee's knitting passion lay dormant until 2000, when a job in Melbourne and a wonderful wool shop combined to re-ignite the flame. Since then she has left no knitting stone unturned, and along with the explosion of knitting on the internet has kindled her deep love for sticks and string. Having struggled over the years with twisted cables, gauge errors and unfair isle, Fee is more than ready to help you find your own way in the world of knitting. There is no right or wrong in knitting - there is only what's best for you and the item you want to tackle.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $26.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.