Techniques for Sophisticated Knits
Learn how to finish your knitting with style, adding those finishing touches to make your knitting truly sophisticated.
Do you enjoy knitting jumpers, cardigans and shawls but struggle with the details to turn them into truly sophisticated knits? Join us and take your knitting to the next level. Learn how to pick up stitches for sleeves, a neckline or buttonbands; finish that section under the arm neatly in top-down sweaters; discover the secrets of short rows; and learn techniques for perfectly finishing shawls, hats and sweaters. Tash will lead you all these techniques and more.
Materials: To be advised
Cost: $60 You're also entitled to a 10% discount on purchases in store on the day.
Your teacher: Tash Childers
Tash has been knitting ever since her grandmother taught her at 8 years of age. She was always a fearless knitter, tackling an all-over intarsia vest for her mum as her first garment when she was 12. While taking time off from Mathematics teaching to raise her children, she taught many of her friends to knit and co-ordinated a mothers’ group for knitters. She is passionate about sharing the joy of knitting with others and helping knitters to improve their skills, so they have the confidence to tackle any project.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $15.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.