The Fibre Co Cumbria Worsted
60% merino wool, 30% masham wool and 10% mohair
Length: 216mWeight: 100g
Cumbria Worsted is a classic worsted weight yarn in saturated colours that is perfect for snuggly jumpers and accessories.
In celebration of her move to England, Daphne, the founder of The Fibre Company, developed Cumbria to be evocative of the mood, light and places that characterise the North West of the United Kingdom. Cumbria is a classic worsted weight yarn in saturated colours inspired by the lakes and hills. In combining the brown wool from English Masham with a fine Mohair from Argentina, a strength, lustre and warmth is produced that is ideal for handmade staples. These two fibres are blended with a fine South American Merino to give the final yarn the softness and beautiful hand that defines The Fibre Co. yarns. The resulting light brown-grey shade is then over-dyed creating lovely deep saturated colours. The cream shade and all heathers use a natural ecru Masham.
Fabrics knit from Cumbria are made for long walks or a homebody’s favourite sweater. This is a beautifully soft, woolly wool with plenty of structure in the yarn. Just imagine it in colourwork - simply divine!
- 10ply / worsted weight
- 60% merino wool, 30% masham wool and 10% mohair
- 216m / 236yds per 100g skein
- Needle size: 4-5 mm / 6-8 US
- Gauge: 18-20 sts per 10cm
- Care: Gently hand wash colours separately in cool water
Made in Peru
- Arela by Emma Wright - cardigan using wicker stitch pattern in colour Buttermere
- Dubwath by Inese Sang - cowl in colour Eden Valley
- Amberle by Shannon Cook - shawl in colours Blencathra and Helvellyn
- Hamlet Hat by Linda Scocca - in colours Blencathra, Eden Valley, Yew Tree, Buttermere
- Kenzo by Olga Buraya-Kefelian - cabled cardigan in colour Buttermere
Make 4 interest-free payments of $8.50 fortnightly and receive your order now.