- what a cable is,
- the best yarn to show off your cables,
- the best application of cables,
- how to read both a written and charted pattern of cables,
- left and right crossing cables,
- how to cable without a cable needle,
- travelling stitches and compound cables,
- substitution of cables - or adding cables to a stocking stitch pattern
- and how to block your knitting or showing off your work to its best advantage.
Cost: $90 You also receive 10% off any purchases in store on the day.
Skill level required: You should be able to knit and purl comfortably.
Your teacher: Fiona Donovan
Fiona (aka Miss Fee) started knitting at the age of six with the encouragement of her wonderful Nonna. Teddy bears, Sasha dolls and Cindy dolls were all swathed in layers of garter stitch for quite a few years. After some misadventures with berries and beehive cables in her early teens, Fee's knitting passion lay dormant until 2000, when a job in Melbourne and a wonderful wool shop combined to re-ignite the flame. Since then she has left no knitting stone unturned, and along with the explosion of knitting on the internet has kindled her deep love for sticks and string. Having struggled over the years with twisted cables, gauge errors and unfair isle, Fee is more than ready to help you find your own way in the world of knitting. There is no right or wrong in knitting - there is only what's best for you and the item you want to tackle.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $22.50 fortnightly and receive your order now.