Beginner Crochet with Jane
If you've never crocheted before, or it's been a long time and you need a refresher, our Beginner Crochet class is the place to start. You'll learn the basic stitches and start your very own granny square.
If you've never crocheted before or it's been a long time and you need a refresher, this is the place to start. You will learn how to hold your yarn and hook, the basic stitches, how to crochet in rows and rounds, and then how to crochet your very own granny square which you'll start in class. We'll also share some project ideas to inspire you to continue crocheting.
With a maximum of only six people in your class, you'll have plenty of attention from our teacher.
Skill level: absolute beginner.
Please note: this class isn't suitable for children, due to the focus and concentration required in a class of this duration.
By the end of this class, you'll be able to confidently make basic crochet projects, and you'll have the knowledge to continue on with crochet at home. You'll also leave with at least one project on your hook!
Book now for this fun introductory crochet class and get hooked on crochet! We can't wait to see what you make! Share it on Socials #skeinsisters
Images - take a look at some of the projects you could progress onto once you've learnt to crochet!
Important info for this class
Duration: 3.5 hours
The class includes: a crochet hook and a ball of woollen yarn to use in the class which are yours to keep.
You are also entitled to a 10% discount off any in store purchases of yarn, notions and books which you make on the day.
Once you've completed this class you'll be able to crochet a simple granny square, the basic building block of many stunning crochet projects.
Are you ready to take a step up from the basics? Try these classes and continue your crochet journey...
Say hello to sustainability and learn to crochet a stylish, useful and eco-friendly market bag in our Crochet Your Own Eco-Friendly Market Bag workshop.
Book into Crochet Beyond the Basics with Jane to learn loads of fabulously useful crochet techniques used by master crocheters everywhere.
Join us for Crochet Amigurumi with Jane and immerse yourself in the Japanese art of Amigurumi. In this class you'll learn the fundamental skills and techniques needed to bring cute and cuddly amigurumi creatures to life.
Otherwise you can explore our fabulous full range of knitting and crochet classes here.
Need some more help with your project or any other crochet/knitting problem or road block? We are the phone-a-friend of the yarn world! Our in-store Help Clinics run every Wednesday afternoon 12pm-2pm. Book here and one of our experienced staff will help you resolve your issue so you can carry on confidently with your project at home.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of up to 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
Cancelling a class
- Up to 7 days before the class - you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date and can receive a full refund.
- 7 days-24 hours before the class - we are able to offer a credit but we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Less than 24 hours before the class - no credit or refund available.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $31.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.