BC Garn Loch Lomond GOTS
100% pure organic wool
Length: 150mWeight: 50g
Fall in love with the colours, the little tweedy pops and the wonderful handle of BC Garn Loch Lomond. Plus, it's organic so you'll feel fabulous using and wearing it!
Fall in love with the colours, the little tweedy pops and the wonderful feel of BC Garn Loch Lomond. Plus, it's organic!
This typical British tweed-style yarn is woollen spun, so it is beautifully lofty with a great meterage, which results in very light but warm garments.
The beauty of Loch Lomond is the tweed nups. These add colour and interest to your finished projects and with the gorgeous colour palette, it would be wonderful in colourwork/fairisle patterns. It has a rustic look like a genuine woolly wool but it feels much softer than a traditional Shetland yarn (but not soft like merino). It blooms and softens on blocking, and we'd be quite happy to wear it as a jumper, cardigan, men's sweater but also for warm shawls.
It's listed as an 8ply/DK weight but it's one of those brilliant yarns that can be knitted up at all sorts of gauges from sportweight to light worsted.
And last but not least: it is GOTS certified, which means from sheep to dye studio, from production to stock keeping and packing, each step is inspected carefully and in line with very strict organic and social standards.
The raw wool for Loch Lomond comes from mulesing-free farms in South America. It is spun and dyed in Turkey.
- 8ply/DK weight
- 100% pure organic wool
- 150m per 50g skein
- Needles: 4mm-5mm
- Gauge: 18-22 sts per 10cm
- Care: cold hand wash, lay flat to dry
- The Witching Hour by Hannah Mann knitted in colour 06 Silver. Colourwork is Spincycle Yarns Dream State colour Rosy Maple.
- Snofrost hat by thepetiteknitter, knitted in colour 16 Midnight Blue with Spincycle Yarns Dream State colour Absolute Zero. Order your Snofrost Hat Set here.
- The Field Sweater by Camilla Vad, knitted by Su Yan Tay, in colour 09 Copper
- Knit swatch in colour 10 Light Blue
- Crochet swatch from Saturday Sweater by Tamara Kelly, colour 10 Light Blue
You'll love knitting with this gorgeous organic DK from BC Garn. Perfect to use as a base for colourwork, it's also wonderful on its own. Share your work on Socials #skeinsisters
Make 4 interest-free payments of $3.99 fortnightly and receive your order now.