Learn to Knit with Linda
So you want to learn to knit...Hooray! In this class for the absolute beginner knitter, Linda will teach you the very basics of knitting and give you some great ideas for projects you can make at home.
So you want to be a knitter? Are you dreaming of wearing your own hand-knitted garments? Or making a beautiful blanket to give to a new baby in the family? Not a problem, you're in the right place! Start your knitting journey here by booking this class - by the end of the 3 hour session you'll have learnt the basic knitting stitches plus how to start and finish your knitting, with lots of useful tips and tricks.
Join Linda as she takes you through this fun, hands-on class for the absolute beginner knitter. You'll come away with tons of knowledge about:
- the best knitting needles and yarns to use
- the basic knitting stitches - knit stitch and purl stitch
- Starting and finishing your knitting - easy ways to cast on and cast off
- plus so much more.
We'll learn on a simple toy in class, and then Linda will introduce you to some ideas for your very first project and hopefully get it started!
With a maximum of only six people in your class, you'll get loads of attention from our teacher to really help you start your knitting adventure. There'll be plenty of time to ask questions and practice in class.
By the end of this class, you'll be able to confidently make basic knitting projects, and you'll have the knowledge to continue on with knitting at home. You'll also leave with at least one project on the needles, and maybe even two!
Book now for this fun introductory knitting class and get hooked on knitting! We can't wait to see what you make! Share it on Socials #skeinsisters
Important info for this class
Duration: 3 hours
Skills required: None! This class is for the absolute beginner or if you haven't knitted for a long time.
Materials - everything is supplied
You're entitled to a 10% discount on yarn, notions and book purchases in store on the day.
Are you ready to take a step up from the basics? Once you've mastered the knit and purl, these classes will help you continue your knitting journey...
Wrap yourself in warmth and style and learn to knit a snuggly shawl in Knit My First Shawl with Linda. Shawls are the perfect learning palette for more complex patterns, and they are also the ideal project for using fun colours that you absolutely love but might not normally wear, like bright combos and speckles.
Learn to knit seamlessly in the round on circular needles (a very important knitting technique that's used for knitting all sorts of seamless projects such as beanies, socks, cowls and seamless jumpers). You'll make your very own warm, simple and stylish beanie in our Knit My First Beanie Workshop with Tash.
If you want to branch out to a top-down, seamless sweater knitted in the round but don't know how to start then Knit My First Sweater with Linda is the class for you - you'll learn sweater techniques by knitting a mini sweater in class, which you can then scale up to a follow any simple top-down, in the round, full-sized sweater pattern at home.
Or book into Knitting Beyond the Basics with Tash to learn loads of fabulously useful knitting techniques used by master knitters everywhere.
Otherwise you can explore our fabulous full range of knitting and crochet classes here.
Need some more help with your project or any other knitting/crochet problem or road block? We are the phone-a-friend of the yarn world! Our Help Clinics run every Wednesday afternoon 12pm-2pm. Book here and one of our experienced staff will help you resolve your issue so you can carry on confidently with your project at home.
Your teacher: Linda Scocca
Linda was taught how to knit by her mum when she was eight years old and encouraged by both her Nonna’s to keep her hands busy. Knitting, crochet, embroidery and sewing where all a part of her life from a young age. After a break from crafting Linda came back to it, and knitting in particular, with a vengeance! Shawls, jumpers, cardigans, socks, colourwork, lace, cables, accessories - she wants and does knit all the things! Linda enjoys helping many knitters and crocheters decipher tricky patterns and learn new techniques at our regular Tuesday morning clinic. She has oodles of patience for beginners and is excited to welcome newcomers to our much loved craft.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of up to 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
Cancelling a class
- Up to 7 days before the class - you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date and can receive a full refund.
- 7 days-24 hours before the class - we are able to offer a credit but we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Less than 24 hours before the class - no credit or refund available.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $28.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.