Tunisian Crochet with Jane
Learn the secrets of Tunisian Crochet. Related to crochet and with some similarities to knitting, Tunisian Crochet can be used to create a range of items, from light and lacy shawls to warm thick blankets.
Related to crochet and with some similarities to knitting, Tunisian Crochet (sometimes known as afghan or tricot crochet) can be used to create a range of items, from light and lacy shawls to warm thick blankets. It's lots of fun to do and nowhere near as tricky as it looks!
Level: You must be able to crochet (know the basic stitches, or have completed our Beginner Crochet class)
What you will learn:
- Tunisian simple stitch
- Some variations of stitches eg. Tunisian knit stitch and Tunisian purl stitch
- Increases and decreases in Tunisian crochet
- Get started on your choice of a simple Tunisian pattern eg. Small shawl (main image), dishcloth (blue) or fingerless mitts (red)
What to bring:
- Smooth, light coloured (not variegated) 8ply/DK weight yarn, at least one colour, more if you wish
- 6.5mm crochet hook with a straight shaft (ie. Not with a comfort grip).
- More information about materials for each project will be emailed to you a few days before your class.
If you want to make the dishcloth, you will need cotton yarn. If you want to make the mitts, a wool or wool blend is best. For the shawl, a lighter weight yarn is suggested (eg. 4ply / fingering) but you can use DK / 8ply for a warmer item.
Please arrive 20 minutes before the class if you need to purchase materials.
You're entitled to 10% off yarn, notions and book purchases made in store on the day.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $16.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.