Frequently Asked Questions
Summer Sale - terms & conditions
Are you coming to visit our shop?
We take the health and welfare of our staff and customers seriously.
- If you're not well please stay at home
- Feel free to wear a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable.
- Please try and source your patterns on Ravelry prior to visiting the store. If you need help using the Ravelry website you can find a guide here
- Yarn winding: We cannot provide a 'while you wait' yarn winding service at the moment however you're welcome to leave your yarn to be wound for collection at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to wind yarn that has not been purchased from us.
Because of the Merchant costs associated with using Afterpay and Zippay online, there is a minimum spend value of $50. This allows us to offer this method of payment without undue expense.
Face-to-face private lessons are available. You can book a private class here.
Does Skein Sisters have disability access?
The double doors on New Canterbury Road allow for flat access to the shop for those who are mobility-impaired or those with prams. The main shop is accessible to all.
Is there parking near Skein Sisters?
There is plenty of all day and two-hour parking all around Skein Sisters. Parking along New Canterbury Road, directly outside the shop, allows for access to the shop for those using wheelchairs or disability scooters.
How do I get to Skein Sisters by public transport?
We are a 10-minute walk from Hurlstone Park train station, as well as Dulwich Grove Light Rail station. See our Contact Us page for more information.
Terms and conditions
Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of two people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of four. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
Cancelling a class
- Up to 7 days before the class - you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date and can receive a full refund.
- 7 days - 24 hours before the class - we are able to offer a credit but we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Less than 24 hours before the class - no credit or refund available.
- Please come to class with an open and enquiring mind, free from your inner critic.
- Honour diversity, compassion and equality.
- Arrive five minutes before the class is due to start, and at least 15 minutes if you need to buy materials.
- Turn your phone on to silent or flight mode. If you do need to take a phone call, please leave the classroom so other students are not disturbed.
Where are the workshops held?
We have a beautiful private room within the shop that has room for up to four students plus the teacher.
What materials do I need to bring to a workshop?
If there is anything that you need to bring on the day or prepare in advance, we will email you with all the details. You can also purchase all you need on the day, just arrive at least 15 mins before the class starts to complete your purchase. You can entitled to a 10% discount off purchases in store only on the day of your class.