Frequently Asked Questions
Are you coming to visit our shop? Please have a look at our new protocols
Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 11am - 4pm
Store is CLOSED ON Public Holidays
- If you're not well please stay at home
- Entry to the shop is via the double doors on New Canterbury Road only
- Mask are required to enter the shop - no mask no entry
- As required by law, you must be fully vaccinated or have a verified medical exemption
- You must show a valid vaccination certificate upon entry. Failure to show your vaccination status will result in you being unable to enter the shop
- You must check in using the QR code
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter the store
- A limit of 6 customers at a time will apply. We encourage you to not visit the store in large groups
- Please use the baskets provided and try and limit the amount of handling of the yarn
- For our health and safety as well as yours, please maintain social distancing
- We encourage you to pay for transactions by card.
- Please try and source your patterns on Ravelry prior to visiting the store. If you need help using the Ravelry website you can find a guide here
- Help service: You can book an online help session with Linda here
- Yarn winding: We cannot provide a 'while you wait' yarn winding service at the moment however you're welcome to leave your yarn to be wound for collection at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to wind yarn that has not been purchased from us.
All your customer details and order history have come across to our new website EXCEPT the password you set up for your account. Passwords were not able to be migrated over to the new website. You'll need to set up a new password for your account. In order to do so simply go to the Account login (top right hand corner of the website) and put the email address associated with your account into the Returning Customer field. Then click Forgot Password. You'll receive an email with a link to reset your password.
I have a gift voucher purchased before the new website was launched. How do I use it on the new website?
Your gift voucher is still valid and can still be used in store and online. If you're using your voucher online simply put in your existing voucher code into both the 'Voucher Code' and 'Secret Code' fields at checkout. This will apply the value of your gift voucher to your order. Any outstanding amount can then be paid for using an alternate method of payment. If the full value of your gift voucher hasn't been used, the balance will stay on your account.
I have a shopping cart with a value less than $50. Why can't I use Afterpay?
Because of the Merchant costs associated with using Afterpay online, we have set a minimum spend value of $50. This allows us to offer this method of payment without undue expense.
Unfortunately face-to-face private lessons are currently unavailable. You can book an online Remote Help Desk session here.
Terms and conditions
Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of . If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
- Please come to class with an open and enquiring mind, free from your inner critic.
- Honour diversity, compassion and equality.
- Arrive five minutes before the class is due to start, and at least 15 minutes if you need to buy materials.
- Turn your phone on to silent or flight mode. If you do need to take a phone call, please leave the classroom so other students are not disturbed.
Where are the workshops held?
We have a beautiful private room within the shop that has room for up to 8 people to comply with Covid-19 restrictions.
- Please practice social distancing where possible.
- Check in is via a QR code before the class
- Please apply the hand sanitiser provided
- Wearing a mask is encouraged by not mandatory.
Does Skein Sisters have disability access?
The double doors on New Canterbury Road allow for flat access to the shop for those who are mobility-impaired or those with prams. The main shop is accessible to all.
Is there parking near Skein Sisters?
There is plenty of all day and two-hour parking all around Skein Sisters. Parking along New Canterbury Road, directly outside the shop, allows for access to the shop for those using wheelchairs or disability scooters.
How do I get to Skein Sisters by public transport?
We are a 10-minute walk from Hurlstone Park train station, as well as Dulwich Grove Light Rail station. See our Contact Us page for more information.
What materials do I need to bring to a workshop?
If there is anything that you need to bring on the day or prepare in advance, we will email you with all the details. You can also purchase all you need on the day, just arrive at least 15 mins before the class starts to complete your purchase. You can entitled to a 10% discount off purchases in store only on the day of your class.