Harry Styles' JW Anderson Starter Cardigan Kit
This slouchy, oversized, and cuddly cardi was originally designed by JW Anderson and worn by Harry Styles, and is the ultimate example of the current cottagecore internet aesthetic.
Celebrate the handmade by making this striking patchwork colourblock cardigan, designed by JW Anderson and worn by Harry Styles for a performance on the TODAY show in February 2020. The pattern will introduce various knitting stitches to relative newcomers to knitting...from simple Garter Stitch, through lovely textured Moss stitch, to Stranded Colourwork featuring a Hounds Tooth pattern.
Slouchy, oversized, and cuddly, this cardi is the ultimate example of the current cottagecore internet aesthetic. It's a fun and cozy sweater to snuggle up in during winter with your handmade projects on your lap and homemade pies baking in the oven.
These starter kits contain one ball of each colour of the yarn required to make the cardigan and come in colourways ranging from the bright primary colours of the original, to romantic muted pastels and soft neutrals. Pattern, needles, hooks, buttons and accessories aren't included. Start work on your cardi, and purchase more yarn when you need it.
The cardi is constructed from striped and textured vertical panels one square wide which are hand sewn together to make the patchwork body and sleeves. Each horizontal patchwork row is referred to in the pattern as a section. Ribs, collar, cuffs and front bands are knitted separately and hand sewn on. Yarn tail ends are tied together to make small tassels. It's not constructed perfectly, so rough joins, visible colour changes and tail ends on the right side are part of the design.
Approx 2000m of yarn in total is required (including the yarn in these kits).
Additional quantities of Fiddlesticks Grange or Peppin needed to finish the cardi are:
- C1: 3 balls (original red)
- C2: 3 balls (original black)
- C3: 2 balls (original orange)
- C4: 2 balls (original yellow)
- C5: 2 balls (original green)
- C6: 0 balls (original sky blue)
- Ribbing: 2 balls Fiddlesticks Grange 10 (original red)
We order Fiddlesticks Grange and Peppin regularly so if there's a colour you need but it's out of stock let us know so we can reserve it for you from our next shipment. Alternatively you can use the Notify Me button in our webstore to receive an email when the colour is back in stock.
The knitting pattern is free to download from JW Anderson's website here.
The official JW Anderson Official Harry Styles Cardigan Knitting Tutorial is available on YouTube here.
Fiddlesticks Grange 14:
- 14ply / bulky weight
- 40% wool, 40% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 106m / 116yds per 100g ball
- Needles: 6mm (10 US)
- Hook: 6mm (10 US)
- Gauge: 15 sts and 19 rows per 10cm on 6mm needles
- Care: Warm machine wash, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, dry flat, cool iron, may be dry cleaned
Fiddlesticks Peppin 14:
- 14ply / bulky weight
- 100% Australian superwash fine merino wool
- Length: 97m / 107yds per 100g ball
- Needle size: 6.5mm / US 10.5
- Gauge: 13 sts x 19 rows per 10cm on 6.5mm needles
- Care: Warm machine wash / Do not bleach / Do not tumble dry / Dry flat / Cool iron / May be dry cleaned
Make 4 interest-free payments of $23.62 fortnightly and receive your order now.