Learn to knit socks with Tash
Always wanted to knit socks? This is the perfect class to get you started on your sock knitting adventure!
Socks are the perfect project to have in your handbag, ready to pick up whenever you have a few moments. Plus there is nothing like wearing a pair of handmade socks. If you're keen to learn to knit socks, this the perfect class for you.
We will be learning to knit socks from the toe up. While knitting a child's sized sock as a sample, Tash will cover the basics of toe-up sock knitting and help you get started on your next project - knitting your very own pair of socks! If you don’t want to make socks for a child, you can unravel your sample later down to the toe and resize it for yourself.
- Judy's magic cast on
- Increasing for the toe
- Knitting the foot
- Increasing for the gusset
- Turning the heel
- The cuff
- Jeny’s surprisingly stretchy bind off
Cost: $70 You also receive 10% discount on any purchases you make in the store on the day.
- 100 grams of 10ply / worsted weight yarn
- 4mm, 80cm or longer circular needle
Skills required: Proficiency in the basic knitting stitches. The ability to use 'magic loop' for knitting in the round is preferable, but not essential.
Your teacher: Tash Childers
Tash has been knitting ever since her grandmother taught her at 8 years of age. She was always a fearless knitter, tackling an all-over intarsia vest for her mum as her first garment when she was 12. While taking time off from Maths teaching to raise her children, she taught many of her friends to knit and co-ordinated a mothers’ group for knitters. She is passionate about sharing the joy of knitting with others and helping knitters to improve their skills, so they have the confidence to tackle any project.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation. If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $15.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.