Finishing Techniques for Fabulous Knits with Tash
Join this practical class with Tash and learn to take your handmade knitwear to the next level with finishing techniques for truly sophisticated knits.
Do you enjoy knitting jumpers, cardigans and shawls but struggle with the fine finishing details to turn them into truly sophisticated and polished knits that are a pleasure to wear? Join this practical class with Tash and learn to take your handmade knitwear to the next level.
Tash will lead you through all these techniques and more:
- Picking up sleeve stitches
- Perfecting necklines
- How to pick up and knit buttonbands
- How to finish underarms neatly
- Techniques for perfectly finishing shawls, hats and sweaters.
Skills required: adventurous beginners and up will enjoy this class. You must be comfortable with the knit and purl stitches. You might also enjoy Upskill Your Knitting with Tash.
What to bring: 8 - 12 ply yarn in a light colour with needles to match (4mm for 8ply and 6mm for 12ply). Needles can be circular or straight, but if circular then they should be 60-80cm long.
Homework: There will be a small amount of homework for this class. You will need to knit a small swatch to use for picking up stitches. The instructions for the swatch will be emailed shortly before the class.
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on yarn, accessory and book purchases in store on the day.
(Follow the links to pattern information on Ravelry).
- Main image: orange top Earth and Air by James N Watts; blue shrug Bridie by Bristol Ivy
- Deb's Faded Jumper
- Lace sweater: Magnolia by Camilla Vad
- Goldfish Memory by Casapinka
- Tash is wearing Wool and Honey by Andrea Mowry
Your teacher: Tash Childers
Tash has been knitting ever since her grandmother taught her at 8 years of age. She was always a fearless knitter, tackling an all-over intarsia vest for her mum as her first garment when she was 12. While taking time off from Mathematics teaching to raise her children, she taught many of her friends to knit and co-ordinated a mothers’ group for knitters. She is passionate about sharing the joy of knitting with others and helping knitters to improve their skills, so they have the confidence to tackle any project.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $20.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.