100% superwash merino wool
Length: 192mWeight: 100g
This lovely soft, smoothly-plied worsted weight yarn comes in a wonderful range of hand-dyed semi-solid, variegated and watercolour multi colourways
Malabrigo Rios is a soft, strong workhorse yarn! The 4 plies help resist pilling, and washability makes it a fabulous choice for frequently worn garments, homewares, and child or baby clothes. It's a soft, smoothly-plied yarn which comes in a wonderful range of hand-dyed semi-solid, variegated and watercolour multi colourways. This lovely yarn is great for accessories, garments, baby and kids items, homewares, toys. It loves textured stitches, cables and colourwork.
- 10ply / worsted / aran weight
- 100% kettle dyed superwash merino wool
- 192m / 210yds per 100g skein
- Needle size: 4mm-5mm / US 6-8
- Hook size: 5.5mm-6.5mm / US I-9 to K-10/12
- Gauge: 18 to 22 stitches per 10cm
- Care: Machine washable, gentle cycle in cold water, dry flat.
- Mulesing free.
- Deb wears the short sleeved version of Earth and Air by James N Watts brioche knitted with colour 695 Peachy and Kremke Soul Wool Silky Kid, colours Peach and Coral.
- Tracey wears French Press Cardi by Toni Lipsey with her own custom modifications, in colour 005 Anniversario
- Crochet Beanie: ADA knit-look beanie by Adriana M in colour Reflecting Pool
Note: Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag and even within the same bag, skeins can very wildly! It's the nature of hand-dyed yarns and we always try to choose the skeins that match the closest to each other when you order multiple skeins. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.
Malabrigo explains: "As Malabrigo yarns are hand-dyed, colours may vary from skein to skein, even within the same dyelot. This is increased for variegated colours. Make sure to get enough yarn for your project and to check that the skeins you are buying visually match. To ensure random colour distribution, you can alternate a few rows from different skeins while knitting. Additionally, there are specific colourways that do not have a dye lot. For these highly variegated or speckled yarns, such as Aniversario, Archinagel, Piedras, etc, the absorption of the dye can vary even within the same batch so the idea of dyelot doesn't apply. Each skein has its own unique beauty and to create a multi-skein project the knitter will need to choose the skeins that are the most similar and alternate the skeins while knitting to blend the colours together."
Malabrigo Rios is made with 100% Uruguayan Merino wool. Uruguay has one of the biggest wool supplies in the world and is of an extremely high quality, especially in regards to softness. Malabrigo wool is produced by Uruguayan farms that allow their free-range sheep through the hills and are herded by actual old-style shepherds. The controversial practice of mulesing does not exist in Uruguay.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $7.49 fortnightly and receive your order now.