Spincycle Yarns Dyed In the Wool
100% superwash wool
Length: 183mWeight: approx 50g
Dyed in the Wool from Spincycle Yarns has the beauty and texture of a handspun yarn. The fibre is kettle dyed in beautifully saturated colours and spun to produce unique, colour-changing yarn.
Dyed in the Wool:
1. (of textiles) dyed before being formed into cloth.
2. (idiomatic) firmly established in a person's beliefs or habits; deeply ingrained in the nature of a person or thing.
After a decade of operating exclusively as a handspinnery, Spincycle Yarns set their sights on finding a way to merge the beauty and texture of a handspun yarn with a more efficiently produced millspun yarn. Dyed in the Wool is that yarn. The fibre is kettle dyed before it's spun, and the colours meet and part ways in stunning, unique combinations; the overall effect is of a balanced, seamless whole. The yarn is saturated with colour and there's no need to worry about your garment fading over time.
Looking for patterns? Dyed in the Wool is the star in the Inclinations Cowl, The Shift cowl, Shifty sweater and Stonecrop Pullover by Andrea Mowry, Newleaf sweater by Jennifer Steingass and Lovebirds Sweater by Kate Oates; or see more patterns suggesting Dyed in the Wool on Ravelry.
Please note: the colour transitions are slow and dramatic, and no two skeins are alike. When planning larger projects requiring more than one skein, allow for nuance. The colours can vary quite dramatically in every colourway. Each time we receive a shipment of Dyed in the Wool, we rephotograph any skeins that are different to our current images. We are happy to send you images of the skeins that we currently have in stock so that you can choose the ones that you love.
- 5ply / sport weight
- 100% superwash American wool - a blend of Rambouillet, Targhee and Merino
- 183m/200 yards per skein (approx 50g)
- Gauge: 20-32 sts per 10cm on 2.75-4.5mm needles (8-5 sts per inch on US #2-7)
- Care: hand wash or machine wash cold, lay flat to dry.
- Mulesing free.
This yarn has a bit of a thick & thin texture. This can cause the weights to vary a little so the weight of the skein is not listed on the label, but rest assured that the yardage is always accurate.
- Deb wears Lovebirds Sweater by Kate Oates in colour Stay out of the Forest. Main colour used is Brooklyn Tweed Peerie in colour Driftwood.
- Shift Cowl by Andrea Mowry in colours Frosty Night, Nostalgia and Salty Dog.
- Paper Bag Hat by Laura Jones in colour Overpasses.
- Colourwork swatch: shows colour Frosty Night knitted with Spincycle Yarns Wilder colours Light Grey and Dark Grey.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.88 fortnightly and receive your order now.