Spincycle Yarns Dyed In the Wool
Dyed in the Wool from Spincycle Yarns has the beauty and texture of a handspun yarn. The fibre is kettle dyed in beautifully saturated colours and spun to produce unique, colour-changing yarn.
Dyed in the Wool:
1. (of textiles) dyed before being formed into cloth.
2. (idiomatic) firmly established in a person's beliefs or habits; deeply ingrained in the nature of a person or thing.
After a decade of operating exclusively as a handspinnery, Spincycle Yarns set their sights on finding a way to merge the beauty and texture of a handspun yarn with a more efficiently produced millspun yarn. Dyed in the Wool is that yarn. The fibre is kettle dyed before it's spun, and the colours meet and part ways in stunning, unique combinations; the overall effect is of a balanced, seamless whole. The yarn is saturated with colour and there's no need to worry about your garment fading over time.
Looking for patterns? Dyed in the Wool is the star in The Shift cowl, Shifty sweater and Stonecrop Pullover by Andrea Mowry, Newleaf sweater by Jennifer Steingass and Lovebirds Sweater by Kate Oates.
Please note: the color transitions are slow and dramatic, and no two skeins are alike. When planning larger projects requiring more than one skein, allow for nuance.
- 5ply / sport weight
- 100% superwash American wool - a blend of Rambouillet, Targhee and Merino
- 183m/200 yards per skein
- Ggauge: 20-32 sts per 10cm on 2.75-4.5mm needles (8-5 sts per inch on US #2-7)
- Care: hand wash or machine wash cold, lay flat to dry.
This yarn has a bit of a thick & thin texture. This can cause the weights to vary a little so the weight of the skein is not listed on the label, but rest assured that the yardage is always accurate.
|Shipping Dimensions||W0.050m H0.050m L0.250m|
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.88 fortnightly and receive your order now.