Upskill your Crochet with Jane
Take our Upskill your Crochet class to learn the next steps to elevate your crochet to a new level. Make a hat, mitts or market bag in class, guided by our fabulous crochet teacher Jane.
Have you been dreaming about doing a gorgeous crocheted blanket like Sophie's Universe or the Nuts about Squares blanket that Deb made?Or maybe you admire all the wonderfully intricate crochet projects on Ravelry and think they're too tricky for you. Then come along to our Upskill your Crochet class and you'll be doing all those fancy stitches in no time.
In this practical and fun crochet class you will learn how to read a written and charted pattern, how to do increases and decreases, back post and front post stitches, and how to “read” your crocheted piece (counting stitches and rows). Plus you will get started on an easy pattern - your choice of a blanket square, hat, mitts or market bag.
This class is perfect for you if:
- You're fairly new to crochet
- It's been a while since you last picked up your hook
- You've done our Beginner Crochet class
- You want to progress your skills and are wondering "Where to from here?"
Skill level: you should be able to make the basic crochet stitches (this is NOT a beginner crochet class)
What to bring:
- For the blanket square (choose 1 out of 3 from the Nuts About Squares CAL): a few colours of DK/8ply and a 4mm hook, or worsted/10ply and a 4.5-5mm hook
- For the hat or mitts: smooth light coloured (not variegated) DK/8ply weight yarn (eg Fyberspates Vivacious DK, Brooklyn Tweed Arbor, Bellissimo 8, Bellissimo Lucca) and a 4mm hook
- For the string bag: 8ply/DK or 10ply/worsted cotton or cotton blend yarn (eg. Cahlista, Finch, Wren, Bombay) and a 4mm or 4.5mm hook.
Further information about the class projects and materials needed will be emailed to you a few days before your booked class.
You're entitled to 10% off any yarn, accessory and book purchases you make in store on the day.
(follow the link to Ravelry for the pattern information):
- Main image blanket squares: Nuts about Squares CAL by It's All in a Nutshell.
- Catona olive lace top: Aster by Marie Wallin.
- Blue blanket: Sophie's Universe CAL by Dedri Uys.
- Jane is holding Catalina Wrap by Alexandra Tavel.
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.