Fix Your Knitting with Tash
Join Tash as she teaches you how to fix common mistakes such as dropped stitches, holes, and more
You've made a mistake? Don't worry, there's nothing to fear. Anything in your knitting can be fixed, and we really believe that once you learn to spot and fix any mistakes you make, you're well on the way to becoming a master knitter!
Join Tash as she teaches you how to fix common mistakes such as:
- dropped stitches
- knit when you should have purled, and vice versa
- gained too many stitches
- missed a decrease or an increase in the row below
- you have a hole in your knitting, and more!
If you have a problem to fix, bring it along as you may be able to sort it out during the class.
Please come to class with the following: using a light-coloured DK or Worsted Weight (8 or 10ply) yarn and matching needles (circular or straight but preferably at least 60cm long from tip to tip if circular), cast on approximately 30 stitches (any kind of cast on) and knit 10 rows garter stitch and then 10 rows stockinette stitches. Leave the stitches on the needles and bring the work with you to class. If you have them, please also bring:
- a crochet hook in a size similar to their knitting needles
- a few locking stitch markers
- a double pointed needle in a size similar to their knitting needles
- a tapestry needle
We will have spare to borrow if you don't have any of the above.
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on purchases in store on the day.
Your teacher: Tash Childers
Tash has been knitting ever since her grandmother taught her at 8 years of age. She was always a fearless knitter, tackling an all-over intarsia vest for her mum as her first garment when she was 12. While taking time off from Mathematics teaching to raise her children, she taught many of her friends to knit and co-ordinated a mothers’ group for knitters. She is passionate about sharing the joy of knitting with others and helping knitters to improve their skills, so they have the confidence to tackle any project.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed.
- We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.88 fortnightly and receive your order now.