Knit My First Sweater with Linda
So, you've learned to knit and you know the basics but have looked at patterns and don't know where to start?! This practical class will lead you through all the techniques needed to knit your very own seamless top-down mini-sweater.
So, you've learned to knit and you know the basics. Maybe you have tried a scarf and/or a hat? But what to do next... what about a sweater?! It’s the next step! If you've looked at patterns for top-down, seamless sweaters but don't know how to start, this is the class for you.
Linda is ready to take you through the steps and skills required to make your very own mini-sweater for you to take home and use as a template to make an adult garment down the track (it will fit a one year old when you're finished).
You will learn:
We will begin by casting on together, joining in the round and working the sweater from the top down in one piece. Along the way the techniques we will cover are:
- Knitting in the round
- Increasing and decreasing
- How to use magic loop for small circumferences
- Picking up stitches
- Finishing underarms
- Sewing in ends.
Skill level: This class is perfect for beginners who have already learned to knit and purl and who want to progress to knitting garments. Some experience knitting in the round is useful but not essential. Experienced knitters who have only ever previously made garments in pieces and would like to try knitting a seamless sweater in the round from the top down will enjoy this class as well.
You will need:
- 6.5mm circular needles in two lengths: 40cm and 80cm
- Two balls of Fiddlesticks Peppin 14 yarn
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on yarn, accessory and book purchases in store on the day.
Your teacher: Linda Scocca
Linda was taught how to knit by her mum when she was eight years old and encouraged by both her Nonna’s to keep her hands busy. Knitting, crochet, embroidery and sewing where all a part of her life from a young age. After a break from crafting Linda came back to it, and knitting in particular, with a vengeance! Shawls, jumpers, cardigans, socks, colourwork, lace, cables, accessories - she wants and does knit all the things! Linda enjoys helping many knitters and crocheters decipher tricky patterns and learn new techniques at our regular Tuesday morning clinic. She has oodles of patience for beginners and is excited to welcome newcomers to our much loved craft.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot. Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.