Fox Paws Workshop with Xandy Peters — 25 May
Knit boldly with Xandy Peters and learn the amazing technique of knitting with stacked stitches in this exciting class. Then start your very own 5 colour Fox Paws Wrap with Xandy's guidance.
Stacked stitches are an innovative approach to striped colourwork. Stacks can add shaping, create 3D texture, replace short rows, and when combined with stripes, create intricate motifs without unsightly strands on the wrong side of your projects. You'll never need to manage more than one colour at a time because stacked stitches bend rows of garter stitch into new shapes and patterns using only increases and decreases.
In this fun workshop we will start with an introduction to the stacked increase and decrease technique with some swatches in an easy stack pattern. After all this hard work, there is a colouring break where we explore colour choices. In the second half of the class, we will start working on our Fox Paws Swatches. We'll look at ways to check our own work and fix any problems that may arise at home while testing out our yarn and colour choices in the pattern.
When: Saturday 25 May 2024 9:00am - 4:00pm AEST
The pattern for Fox Paws is included in your workshop fee.
Your ticket also includes an invitation to attend a Meet and Greet with Xandy on the evening of Friday 24 May 2024 before your class where Xandy is available to help you choose a successful colour palette for your project. Full details will be emailed to you closer to the date. Minimum numbers apply.
BOOK HERE on Eventbrite! BOOKINGS OPEN NOW
Class Level: Intermediate difficulty; recommended for adventurous knitters as it contains unusual increases and decreases.
Supplies to bring:
- Worsted weight scrap yarn in multiple colours, minimum 10g of a few different colours is recommended
- 5 colours of yarn in fingering weight - you'll need about 50g/210m of each colour. There are loads of inspirational projects to view on the Fox Paws listing on Ravelry
- Circular needles (metal are recommended): 5mm circular needles (60-80cm) for swatching; 4mm circular needles (60-80mm) for your project; it would be helpful to have with you circular needles in sizes from 3.75mm up to a 5.5mm.
About Xandy Peters
Xandy Peters is a knitting designer and teacher, best known as the innovator of the Stacked Stitches technique and for the Fox Paws pattern.
Starting out as a footwear and product designer, Xandy turned to knitting as a way to explore textiles and surfaces without using factory production and has since made a career out of publishing new patterns and teaching workshops. He has been published in magazines such as Vogue Knitting, Twist Collective, Knitscene, Knitty, and Pom Pom Quarterly, has a Bluprint class teaching the stacked stitch technique and continues to self publish patterns monthly. Xandy also blogs about design, crafting, and baking on soimakestuff.com and posts craft videos on YouTube.
Terms and conditions
- This class is not booked through Skein Sisters. Please see the Eventbrite page for further information.
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot. There is a maximum of 12 people.
- Minimum numbers - This class requires a minimum of ten people in order to go ahead. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be cancelled and you will be notified of the cancellation within one week of the class date.
- The organiser is not liable for any additional costs incurred if your class is cancelled.
Cancelling a class
- If you need to cancel your attendance at this class, you can do so up to 21 days prior to the scheduled class date to receive a full refund. Less than 21 days notice, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your space.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.