Upskill Your Knitting with Tash
Arm yourself with the tools and techniques to take your knitting to the next level. You'll also learn how to finish your projects to perfection!
Are you still fairly new to knitting? Has it been a while since you last picked up your needles, or perhaps you've been admiring the gorgeous projects in our newsletter and on Ravelry and think they're too tricky for you. Then come along to our Upskill Your Knitting class and you'll learn some of the techniques to take your knitting to the next level.
In this fun and practical class, Tash covers knitting techniques which are a step up from the basics and will open up a wide range of projects to you. It aims to improve your knitting skills and increase your confidence to tackle new knitting projects.
After the class, you'll have all the tools you need to get started with shawls and sweater projects, cast on quickly, breeze through ribbing, make sense of patterns and finish off your garment in style. Plus so much more! We'll also discuss projects for you to try at home using your new skills.
This class is perfect for you if:
- You're fairly new to knitting
- It's been a while since you last picked up your needles
- You've done our Learn to Knit class
- You want to progress your skills and are wondering "Where to from here?"
Skill level: you should be able to make the basic knit and purl stitches (this is NOT a beginner knitting class). If you're a beginner knitter try our Learn to Knit class.
What to bring:
- You will need to bring some light coloured, smooth 8ply, 10ply wool or wool blend yarn (Peppin 8 or Peppin 10 is perfect).
- Knitting needles to match the yarn (4mm for 8ply, 5mm for 10ply). Needles can be straight or circular but if bringing circular then they should be at least 60cm from tip to tip.
- Tapestry needle
You're also entitled to a 10% discount on yarn, accessory and book purchases in store on the day.
You might also be interested in Finishing Techniques for Fabulous Knits.
(follow the links to view pattern information).
- Calla sweater by Natasja Hornby in Brooklyn Tweed Arbor
- Goldfish Memory shawl by Casapinka in Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles
- Tash is wearing Wool and Honey by Andrea Mowry
Your teacher: Tash Childers
Tash has been knitting ever since her grandmother taught her at 8 years of age. She was always a fearless knitter, tackling an all-over intarsia vest for her mum as her first garment when she was 12. While taking time off from Mathematics teaching to raise her children, she taught many of her friends to knit and co-ordinated a mothers’ group for knitters. She is passionate about sharing the joy of knitting with others and helping knitters to improve their skills, so they have the confidence to tackle any project.
Terms and conditions
- Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
- Minimum numbers - All classes require a minimum of three people in order to go ahead and, depending on the class, a maximum of 10. If your class or workshop does not have the minimum number of students, the class will be postponed and you will be notified within three days of the class date if it has been cancelled or changed. We cannot be held liable for travel or any other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- If your class is postponed or cancelled you can use the amount paid to transfer to another event/activity, use it as a store credit, or be issued a full refund.
- Cancelling a class – you are able to cancel, postpone or swap a class up to 7 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund. Less than 7 days prior, we cannot guarantee a full refund unless another booking fills your spot.
- Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for change of mind or cancellations.
Please see our general Classes & Workshops page for our FAQ.
Make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.